Saturday 21 May 2016

A Day In A Life Of A Budgie


This Is Dedicated To All My Pet Lovers! 

Hey pet lovers, I'm a proud owner of two budgies. I've had them for roughly around three years, its been a great experience because having two  budgies made me realize how intelligent they are and that they make such loving companions. If you are a budgie owner or are interested in getting a budgie as a pet I suggest you view my video. This video shows a day in a life of my two budgies. Hope you enjoy! 


VIDEO: 


What Was The Purpose Of This Video? 

This video was created for us bloggers and myself to understand what it takes to make a video that is meaningful and genuine. I wanted to choose a topic that I was interested about and whats more genuine than showing all of you what my budgies do throughout the day. I strictly showed what both of my budgies like to eat and the treats we feed them. At the beginning of the video my female budgie was playing inside her hut. They also have lots of toys inside their cage, one of them includes a basketball with a hoop. Unfortunately I didn't have footage of that but if you pet lovers would want to see a picture or video, I'll post one! I tried to make this video genuine, because I want to appeal to a audience who has pets or is thinking about getting pets. What kind of pets, well I'm giving you an option of considering budgies. This is a video of them doing their everyday actives. They love to lounge around and sit in perches and high places. They clean moderately 3-4 times a day and love munching on treats. This video was for individuals who want to know what budgies like to do and to get an idea if they are interested in getting budgies.

The purpose of v i d e o   s h a r i n g ? 

Video sharing allows users to upload video clips to a website, in this case my blog; that can be viewed publicly or privately. When uploading on these sites users can comment on videos and tag them with key words in order to group comments together. There are many benefits of marketing with online videos for example engaging viewers, larger audiences and showcasing the product. When I created this particular video of my budgies I kept in mind of the acronym A.E.I.O.U.


Authentic- Yes, it showcased my real budgies and their daily routine, it showed my bloggers how my budgies typically act and do on a everyday basis, which will help pet lovers decide if budgies are their pet of choice or not. 
Entertaining- Yes, the video had background music and different clips of them doing different things. It wasn't a two minute video both my budgies just in their cage, it was an engaging two minute video of them doing different things with background music that set the tone and kept the audience engaged. 
Intimate- It was intimate because it showcased the truth of having budgies and it wasn't falsely advertised. It displayed the message that we don't just keep our birds locked up in the cage everyday, we let them out and let them fly around. There is also two budgies, which shows they are never lonely because they have each other. They are healthy because we feed them proper food, vitamin water, bird bath spray and give them baths regularly. It shows a message to all pet lovers that you need to properly take care of any pet and make sure its healthy and happy. It creates a connection with pet lovers, because when they see this video they automatically think of their own budgies. 
Offbeat & Unsual 
The video was unusual because it just showed a montage of different video clips that were entertaining to watch.  We understand that audiences have short attention spans, therefore I tired to make this video as engaging as possible with cute clips, background music and voice overs. The graph on the right, shows the audience attention span from 5 min- 10 sec. It shows how the longer the time of the video the lesser the audience gets. As a result, it shows how people have very short attention spans and people making videos should learn what interests viewers and what they truly want to see. To learn more take a look at this 

URL: 
http://blog.treepodia.com/2010/03/at-60-seconds-more-than-half-your-audience-is-gone/



Did The Video Focus On The C o n t e n t ?

Yes, the video focused on the content at all times. My purpose of the video was to show individuals 18-35 with pets preferably budgies or interested in getting budgies. To show these individuals that this is what budgies do on a daily basis, and hope this video sparks their interest in getting one. Because lots of budgies need loving homes, they are in need of a welcoming warm home filled with love and care. With this two minute video about my birds, it will attract the necessary audience to help generate views, comments and shares. Since my video is about budgies please refer to this link which is the SPCA website about budgies and birds.

URL:  http://www.spca.bc.ca/pet-care/care-behaviour/birds/?referrer=https://www.google.ca/

Did It Promote The C h a n n e l ?

Yes, it promoted the channel because it incorporated digital technology like sharing videos with a unique topic that was genuine because it let you into my personal life and when I'm not blogging I'm taking care of my budgies. I let my bloggers create a personal connection with by showing my pets in a video. It incorporated video sharing techniques too because now I know what it takes to create a video and how to drive traffic and comments and to spark interest using a video.  

Will I Update F r e q u e n t l y ? 

Although I have to mention that I will not be updating frequently with videos about my budgies because this was a class project. I was assigned to upload a video and learn how to proerly edit and format a video and upload it on a site to drive traffic and spark interest in the comment section. Therefore no I will not be updating frequently, although if you would like to see certain pictures of my budgies I can send them! 
 

Keeping up with a n a l y t i c s ? 

Yes, this site blogger has great tools to keep track of who is viewing my channel and videos as well as where there demographic region is. I will use that tool to help track the viewers on my video and if in the future I decide to upload a video for school purposes, work purposes or my my personal reasons I will defiantly take what I learned and make my videos more tailored and engaging to my viewers. Here is a pie chart of the different video sharing cites. Facebook is one of the main generating about 24.0% and Bebo with 3.1 %. It shows how all these video sharing sites are targeting towards specific niches. I made sure my video was tailored to a specific target audience and made sure the website blogger help me keep with the analytic. 




Did you enjoy the video? 

I hope you all enjoyed the video I created with my two lovely budgies. I hope it sparked interest for any of you who want to get budgies in the future. Do you think I could have designed my video in a different way to help attract a larger audience? This there anything I need to improve on in the video? If I was making another video in the future what are some particular things I would need to work on? Anyways I just let out some questions for thought, if you have any comments or questions feel free to post them up in the comment section! 

Thank you so much! Stay tuned for my next post it will be about sharing photos! 

4 comments:

  1. Your lovely budgies are so cute! I fall in love in a moment I watch your videos. Awesome ways to used in social media platform by engaging, connecting, and interacting with your followers. Thank you for sharing your budgies with us. Very informative information you have given us. Well done!

    Cant wait for your next post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe why thank you! No problem, I'm happy that this video was interesting and engaging for you! That was my main purpose, to interact with my fellow bloggers.

      Delete
  2. Great feed, interesting points. not to mention lovely birds!!! I kinda wanna know how this actually works, like what are the steps on how to upload a video. also, some of the links seems to be not working. What other advantages can you give me if I were to use this as my marketing strategy?
    hope to hear soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, I will hyperlink the links on my next post. For me I made the video on my smart phone and send it to myself through email. I then downloaded the file onto the PC and there is an insert video icon. I then simply just uploaded onto my post, although it takes some time loading to content. There are many advantages to use videos as your marketing strategy. For example, we know readers scan the material, videos is a easy way to make users engaged throughout and make sure the important information is said. When reading, readers may miss out on any important infromation. Although, in videos they highlight the key points with visuals and background music that is engaging. It helps a company monitor and track to see who is watching which will help a company understand who their target audience is.

      Delete